vOneCloud uses the latest OpenNebula version available so next vOneCloud version will benefit from features that will be included for OpenNebula 5.4. This is a summary which I've gathered from Rubén S. Montero and Tino Vazquez speech at OpenNebula Conf 2016 for OpenNebula's roadmap for vCenter support:
- OpenNebula wants vCenter operation to level up with KVM.
- Resizing disks will be possible.
- Currently images are persistent, so next step is using non persistent images.
- With network management, automatic port group creation with VLAN support will be added.
- Improvements in multi-tenancy provision. It will be possible to create Virtual Data Centers with automatic network creation.
- It would be nice to have automatic network creation with OneFlow services.
Also new features are being studied:
- How to include System DS, as now only Image Datastore is available.
- Automatic import of VM templates with nics and storage resources, now you can import them using the CLI or Import buttons in Sunstone.
- Move ahead and connect OpenNebula with the new REST API for 6.5, once it provides all the features currently available using Rbvmomi gem.
You may find useful a document called VMware Cloud Reference Architecture, so please visit OpenNebula's blog in a few days as a new version of this document will be published soon.
If you need more info, I'd be glad to help you.