We want to let you know that OpenNebula Systems has just announced the availability of vOneCloud version 3.2.
This new release of the appliance, based on OpenNebula 5.6.0 Blue Flash comes with these new exciting features:
- Revamped import mechanism, vOneCloud Sunstone import of vCenter resources has been greatly streamlined.
- Overall driver performance, all operations, specially monitoring, run quicker and consuming less resources.
- VNC options for Wild VMs, now they can be defined at import time to avoid collisions.
- Network creation reworked, with more admin feedback in the network representation.
- Migrate VMs between clusters, now is possible to migrate VMs between different vCenter clusters from voneCloud.
- Marketplace, vOneCloud users and admins can now enjoy the OpenNebula Systems public and private marketplaces to easily download new appliances.
- Docker integration, easily build a Docker fabric using vOneCloud.
- Schedule periodic actions, now with time relative to VM creation. Check the VM Template creation dialog for options.
The above features and components add to the already present ability to expose a multi-tenant cloud-like provisioning layer through the use of virtual data centers and self-service portal. vOneCloud seamlessly integrates with running vCenter virtualised infrastructures, leveraging advanced features such as vMotion, HA or DRS scheduling provided by the VMware vSphere product family. If you are building a large-scale cloud, are interested in the federation of multiple cloud instances, hybrid deployments, or want to integrate with third party components, customize the product or manage open source hypervisors, we recommend an installation of OpenNebula.
vOneCloud is zero intrusive (although it fully manages the life cycle of VMs), try it out without the need to commit to it. If you don’t like it (as strange at that may be!) you can just remove the appliance.
OpenNebula Systems will run a booth at VMworld 2018 US in Las Vegas and at VMworld 2018 EU in Barcelona, with live demos of the new version.
vOneCloud 3.2 has been certified with support for vSphere 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5.